Laurel Heights Hospital is specifically designed to provide inpatient psychiatric stabilization and treatment for children and adolescents ages 6 – 17 who present with comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder or other neuro-developmental disorders. The primary objective of treatment is to quickly stabilize the symptoms that led to hospitalization, including severe self- injury, suicidal behavior and/or severe aggression. Treatment integrates psychiatric and applied behavior analytic interventions and strategies to stabilize severe symptoms and assist the patient in acquiring self- management and coping skills.
- Board Certified Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Licensed Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA)
- Certified Recreational Therapists
- Speech & Occupational Therapists
- Consulting Board Certified Doctoral Level Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Consulting Psychologist
- Certified Special Education Teacher
- Imminent and significant risk of harm, including major aggression, suicidal behavior, self-harm.