Make a Difference in a Child’s Life: Become a Foster Parent
Our Foster Care program provides boys and girls ages 4-17 with emotional or behavioral difficulties an opportunity to live within the community in the naturally therapeutic environment of a family. Our foster parents are trained, supervised, and supported by the Laurel Heights Specialized Foster Care Treatment Team.
Family Consultants work with the foster family, birth parents, case managers and the child to ensure that therapeutic, academic, social, and medical needs are met. Family consultants work closely with case managers and birth families to support family reunification goals. Family Consultants provide 24-hour on-call support.
What to expect…
- A foster family is matched to meet the child’s specific needs.
- Our Family Consultants ensure all medical and psychiatric needs are met.
- We coordinate appropriate educational/vocational placement.
- Our Family Consultants coordinate with case managers to ensure contact with the birth families.
- We provide regular respite for children and foster families.
- Our Family Consultants provide 24 hour, on-call support and case management.
- Our program ensures each child has an appropriate aftercare plan.
Email: [email protected]